Tag Archives: best muffins ever
Bran and Fruit Muffins
- 2 cups flour (your favorite kind)
- 2 cups oat bran (can use wheat bran or flax flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh cranberries or raisins
- 3/4 cup date puree
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (or water)
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 cup vegetable or canola
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in a large measuring cup (4 cup one will hold everything) and blend together. Make a well in dry ingredients pour wet into dry. Add cranberries or raisins and mix well. This batter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°F for 20-25 min.